Title: Bilingual Surgery Scheduler
Company: Eyecare Associates of East Texas
Location: Tyler, TX
- Full Benefits Package - Medical, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance
- 401k + Employer Matching
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Optical Education Reimbursement
- Competitive Base Pay
- Full Time
- Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. You may need to work a little earlier/later as needed.
- No late nights, weekends or on-call shifts!
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience working in a surgical environment and/or experience in medical scheduling
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Favorable result on Background Check
- Basic computer skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Excitement to learn and grow
The Surgery Scheduler schedules surgery and performs pre-surgery patient education regarding preparation for surgery. Communicates with ESC, UT Health Olympic Plaza, Christus MF Surgery Scheduling, Christus MF PASS, Christus MF Hospitalist’s office, East Texas Anesthesiology Associates, referring Doctors’ and Optometrists’ offices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedules surgery. Coordinates date with patient, family, nursing homes, doctors’ offices and surgical facility where surgery will be performed.
- Schedules and coordinates pre-op appointments with the patient or the patient’s caregiver.
- Counsels with the patient.
- Generates and send email/faxes of all necessary scheduling forms to participating facilities.
- Cancels surgeries and informs all parties.
- Generates, continually modifies to keep current and distributes Purple Scheduling Sheet.
- Responsible for keeping up with inventory and supplies and informing your manager when is low and needs ordering.
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600. Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.